Tuesday, July 3, 2018

10,946. I POSTED MY GRIEVANCE

I POSTED MY GRIEVANCE
So I posted my grievance to the
fieldstone office : lightly, with but
a light hold on the trigger, I said
what was on my mind. The sort
man in charge, I noticed, was
muscle-bound, but dumb as a
hearse. In silence, he took down
a cage from the wall asked if I
wanted a monkey.
-
Where the maple trees used to 
be, it's now all paved. They cut 
everything down last year, which 
was bad enough, but now they've 
come in with tractors and are 
laying down macadam. There
are, as well, new buildings across 
the way, and all we get are those
sari-clad Indians walking, like 
they're afraid of the world.
-
I think that's what gets me the most :
Them, being here, and now fearful
of everything. The old ladies walk 
like the Earth was going to open 
up and snatch them. The men all 
seemed dazed: afraid of dogs and 
cats, mosquitoes and even birds.
-
Jesus glory almighty, this is where
we live and what's the matter with 
you? It's not enough you walk around 
like that and need abide your every 
need, but you in turn now want
everything back from us? Our earth
and land and living space? I do
not understand your case, nor what
you may be meaning to say. I've
posted my grievance, OK. (Your
sacred monkey now can stay).

No comments: