Sunday, July 29, 2018

11,022. SO NOW THE MAILMAN MAKES COOKIES TOO?

SO NOW THE MAILMAN 
MAKES COOKIES TOO?
What's going on in the bright light here?
Someone's digging a trench to Hell?
Why don't you call those cave kids over,
from the Philippines or wherever that was;
they can help. They're good. Well, maybe
it was Thailand  -  who cares? The bicycle
lane in Rangoon beats them all. Man oh
man, Uncle Dick, I'm tired and jagged here,
and all you keep doing is moralizing to me
about the lessons I should be taking from 
this crummy life? Get me out of here now;
don't you have somewhere else to be?
-
When I first went to Poetry School, they
asked me my name. I said 'Rhyming Couplets,'
and left it at that. It was a bad place to go and
I left in a week. Iowa Poetry Workshop?
Jeez, I thought you'd said Idaho; no wonder
no one knows what I mean. Wrong state,
Jackhammer brain.

No comments: