Saturday, July 21, 2018

10,996. I CANNOT SEE WHY

I CANNOT SEE WHY
If this world has a template, 
it's surely spinning somewhere,
loose and lost and far out of
control : a crystal chandelier, 
in a very expensive wind. I
can't see why that would be.
-
We have the oceans and we 
have the fish, and we're now
managing to destroy that too.
What will be left is our own
cuttlebone kingdom of nothing.
-
But (I still cannot see why), men
will continue  -  and having opinions,
and making things work will claim
to be doing this world a world of
good. What jerks; I can hardly
bear to look.
-
The small men in their jeans and
shorts, the big men in the temporary
sorts of mustaches and wigs; the
vain things that carry their day  -  
all of it, together, with nothing
to say. Yet, they'll gather at the
hilltop and praise their Lordy Lord
for making them what they are and
granting them their mighty sword.
-
'Nightly let us savage this horde'
is all I really have to say.


No comments: