Wednesday, July 4, 2018

10,948. MY JUMBLE

MY JUMBLE
My jumble certainly isn't one
of money. Old guys like me
aren't supposed to have any.
Right? Like all those wily
characters down at the boat
ramp in Sewaren, life has to
just become what you're left
with to talk about. The one guy,
a real throne he is, with a few 
good teeth but still a sorry case,
he told me just the other day he's
only got a third-grade education.
But damn. He was going on like
a pro about medical coverage,
insurance, prescription plans,
and all the how-to's and why-not's
of getting by. I was pretty tickled
for the old guy. He's there every 
day, I notice too, and always sits
in the same spot  -  one way to the
left side of the first bench at the 
left side. Kinda' scary, and what's
with that? Maybe he's on to
something I don't even realize.

No comments: