Monday, September 28, 2015

7221. I TRIED THE GOAT CHEESE

I TRIED THE GOAT CHEESE
Having loaded up on everything else, I figured
to go ahead - a tube of soft, white stuff, no so bad.
It wasn't like those other soft cheeses, from wine
and cheese parties and the rest of that old fondue
food from 1974, on Irvine Place, with Nelson and
Kristin in Elmira. Well, anyways, they always turned
into pot-fueled orgies anyway -   languid people just
trancing around. I stayed on the fringes. It always
scared me off. Haven't had soft cheese since. Elmira
College and all those horny dunces, Elton John and
Fairport Convention on the turntables. Now that I
dug. I always did like that Matty Groves tune, and
Sandy Denny had a wonderful voice. I think
now, those are my people and that's where
my head is still at. Go figure.
-
Jeepers, how crazy the way memory works and
signals its intentions to take you back. So. Take
me back then : lemon groves, liege and lief, just
don't make me cry. I'm such a dumb and saddened
person. You can't take me anywhere.
Oh world of old, I really do 
love you so.

No comments: