Sunday, September 20, 2015

7184. ON PAR WITH EVERYTHING

ON PAR WITH EVERYTHING
Pounding no sleep, smoking cigarettes that should
not be, black coffee, straight from the jar, washing my
face with turpentine, yeah. That's the state I'm in. I'm right
now mankind's wasted feature. I just stole a car to get me
here to tell you I just stole a car. What's the use of that? 
Have I grown so short-sighted as that? Let me loosen
this shirt-collar and sit back. Remember, I began all
this some two years ago looking for a way to get to
the west coast with little trouble, or as little as then
was possible : like robbing a bank with a rag doll
that couldn't talk; like knocking over a filling
station with a welding torch, hoping there'd
be nothing that would blow up. Little
things like that  -  they all should
figure in the jury summation;
if I could just get now a
decent enough lawyer
to take my case.

No comments: