Wednesday, September 30, 2015

7228. DIVERTIMENTO

DIVERTIMENTO
'So, what are you going to do with all those things
you're storing?' No answer for that one, no, for
sure. He had me there : 'Gonna' build me a castle,
walk straight on up to the Moon. Gonna' stand
here waiting for the girl who gets off the 5:13
to come by here again. Gonna' buy me a seat for
the playoff games. How's any of that for ya?'
-
Tendencies to obliterate the truth usually come to 
the fore in a crisis situation  -  as this was, being
asked and put on the spot like that for an answer.
My being was never equipped for that. I don't
need answers at all, and even the questions will
never do. I was born in some other land, and it
takes a lot to meet the requirements of that.
-
So, anyway, thank the chief for the handkerchief,
and tell him I use it to blow my nose, whenever
that need arises. I've got a good dog, and she
takes to me well. Tell him I said hi, and
then to go to Hell.

No comments: