Monday, September 7, 2015

7132. ALL THE SCARS ON MY EYES

ALL THE SCARS 
ON MY EYES
It's no wonder I can no longer see; this is a
holy blindness. My eyes, like my soul, have
been singed and scarred  -  an everlasting fire
that will not quit. I walk unscathed amidst others,
yes, but they cannot see these wound I test. My
eyes are grown over with a thickness. Logic skims
the surface and I have to peel it off; a continual and
hazardous process which is so needed for all I do.
-
I cannot walk with other men; their ways are wrong 
their words unhinged. Anything they claim to see, I do
not see  -  this other world I dwell in has its own claims.
Fog and reality, sometimes clashing, sometimes same.
-
Draw me the metal from the valued well. Skip the ore,
and go right to the core : hand me the purest form of
anything you find. My hands are heavy, but they 
can hold my mind. I see the world now, yes, 
though only from a distance.

No comments: