Tuesday, March 31, 2015

6548. FORECAST ABC (oh fuck, how little I know)

FORECAST ABC
(oh fuck, how little I know)
The sternwheel paddlewheel whatever it is just ran
over a kid  -  I swear I saw him swimming in this
big muddy water, and the paddles caught him, 
flapping his broken head like a baseball card
on kid's bicycle spokes. Wheels of fortune and
everything else  -  the pitter-patter of mom and
dad already better get started making another kid
if they want a replacement. I swear; I'm telling 
you what I saw. And no man can lie on the river.
-
Newsmen come down here, they say, to report  -  
they bask and they revel in every death and danger 
they can find. Lead with blood and gore, that's 
where the glory is. 'If it bleeds, it leads', 
the guy from Colorado said. Sam
Pekinpah redux.
-
So, by the time I get to Phoenix she'll be
rising. But that poor kid sure won't be.

No comments: