Monday, March 16, 2015

6478. OK TWICE NICE

OK TWICE NICE
Make it over by Sunday the world will still
be spinning I bet. Michael Corsalini and Madame
Chimney Swift back together again : like the
backward pages of some fussed over book still
being taught to fourth graders studying parallels
and fractions. Well, anyway, that was that.
-
I got so tired of Winter I just could'a barked at the
same fantastic moon that Dali took to Rome. There
was no other way to put it. Then one day I was 
standing outside Shop-Rite, believe this, tending
my dog and just waiting. And waiting. The lady
was inside. Out comes my old friend bumbling by,
I say 'Howard?' He says 'hi!' Just like that, like
25 years have never happened. Yesterday.
-
Amazing how both we have aged and now both
dead and tired in mind are fighting the same faint
battle with echoes and memories and ideas and
regrets  -  all that small-place crap we talked. I
remembered just about everything I'd forgot.
Good God almighty; OK, twice nice.

No comments: