Thursday, March 26, 2015

6526. THE THINGS WE GOTTA' DO

THE THINGS WE GOTTA' DO
'At five this morning, my water broke; well, my water
bottle.' The joggers were running in circles  - madly
in circumference around the Reservoir in Central
Park. By six, the squirrels were out and I was eating 
day-old bread and -  besides eating some myself  - 
I was handing it out to those rodents who came.
They give it away, overnight, at Tavern On the 
Green  -  you can get some if you catch it right;
the timing is always different and you've got to
wait. By seven-thirty, the weakling sunlight
was painting the water  -  I say weakly since
it was a gray day, not much light going on,
and a mist like a fog with a drizzle, here
and there. It was all atmospherics. The
Park Crew guys came around in their
little green cart. They were checking
lightbulbs, but it was after dark.
I mean it was after daylight had
erased the dark, so I couldn't
figure how they were 
checking what it was
they were checking.

No comments: