Tuesday, March 24, 2015

6516. I INVENTED THE GLOP MACHINE

I INVENTED THE 
GLOP MACHINE
And when I did so many other things 
disappeared. Dr. Kilgallen said it was 
because of my concentration. I said I 
thought it was my Bacitracin, the stuff 
I put on a paper-cut the morning before. 
He said no, it couldn't be that because that 
was external. I knew right off what he meant.
-
Then I turned to you, first, of course, dispensing
all my friends and monsters  -  they went all
around the globe so I'd never need see them again.
Like the last men standing, or last people in the
world anyway, it was just me and you.
-
Much of this just became a joke over time : Like 
the guy who walks into the bar and goes up to a
beautiful girl, says 'I'm James Bond' and shows
her his super-special watch; 'this watch tells me
everything,' he says. 'Oh yeah,' said she, 'what's
it telling you now?' Bond says, 'It's telling me
you have no panties on'. She says, 'Well, it's 
wrong.' He looks at the watch, shakes it, and
says, 'Damn, it's running two hours fast again.'
-
Well, anyway, that came to me after I invented the
Glop Machine  -  it tries to provide a comic relief
for any situation. Yes, I said it 'tries.'

No comments: