Saturday, March 14, 2015

6472. SOMETHING LIKE A BLEMISH

SOMETHING LIKE 
A BLEMISH
I haven't offended, have I yet? I'll walk
this stage until I do however. You can
bet on that. And you can watch my shadow
disappear along the way the floor-lights cover.
Isn't that a paradox  -  watching me disappear?
-
I know there's a crowd out there somewhere; 
faces paralyzed or flummoxed, either way, 
watching what the action brings. Scene One,
an introduction to time and place; Scene Two, 
the battle; Scene Three, the death; Scene Four, 
the grand concurrence, and the rectification of 
names and things. Here the audience roars.
-
We are sitting back, long after the final 
performance, having our tea and oranges
as if in grand concelebration. Nothing left :
even the flawless audience is absent.

No comments: