Sunday, March 23, 2014

5207. HATING TO BE A RAM ON MOUNT MORIAH

HATING TO BE A RAM 
ON MOUNT MORIAH
My forces are already marshaled, and everything else
is gone. I only hear the slovenly silence yelling back.
All here is what I stole : 'You were my gym buddy ferreting
along spotty fluorescent ramps...Peach sirens, entryway
orderlies. Mangled disposition stations.' Outside of that,
I knew nothing; but what I was supposed to know from
that? I purposely sharpened my pencil in the hearts of
lonely women  -  divorced, broken in two, lonesome,
keening, fractious, tired, slovenly, lazy, sick. Nothing
else ever seemed so exciting to me. We even  -  you can
remember  -  took that trek three days deep into the
wilderness (three days, three days, all this biblical shit
is always in threes) until we reached the top. I'd always
meant to kill something, and I finally did. (Dance one
fabled evening and hear the skylark do something,
anything at all  -  go ahead, I dare you.)  -  Ever since
that noted day you know nothing's ever been the same.
I'd hate to have been that ram on Mount Moriah.

No comments: