Wednesday, March 5, 2014

5138. MOONLIGHT

MOONLIGHT
There's nothing like the night to bring down the
day  -  I manage to get by, walking and just
thinking of the darkness. The thread of moon
that I see, weak and turned down, just barely
hits the metal post out front of me. I am walking,
as it is then, pretty much blind. That post is
connected to a building  -  some form of power, 
built in brick and steel  -  to show its own
solidity in the night. I should laugh at that.
It too will be gone in a scant 500 years.
-
What creature stirs? Ground animals that sleep
densely through their nights, or forage quickly just
before the dawn? Something scatters seed and
leaves the waste behind it filled with later life.
From dung, a flower grows. How awesome.
-
This dark light, as Milton puts it, is not really
a darkness at all. Nor a light. But something
instead which gingerly carves the line it needs
between the two. I stumble blindly to but
keep straight ahead; knowing there's no hope
for anything, no constancy like dread, no exit
out this world into another realm. Something
has me darkly, some Devil at the helm.
-
To decide the future; not my choice, nor my
responsibility  -  it's already written in this bleak
episode : a manner of speaking about the Death
to come. Eternal spans across great divides,
(eternal spans, across great divides).

No comments: