Wednesday, March 12, 2014

5163. SURREPTITIOUS BLUSHING

SURREPTITIOUS BLUSHING
I really don't think it can be done  -  too many things
give it away, even dark skin or beards can't get  the
interference going. I delivered my own life, without
embarrassment, right down to Hell. I admit to nothing,
but own up to everything  -  it's all fallen away, I've
blown it, the entry line chalk is long-ago washed and 
all that's looming now is some fade-inducing finish
with a ribbon and a bell. Enough to make Mobutu
blush. Never matters what color you fade to, what
you begin with is as equally unimportant. Anything
else just cannot be : put that bird in a cage, all it
does is squeal. Out on its own, in the wilds by
Tallman Park, a hawk would get it in ten minutes.
No winning that situation; such bad chances
make me red. I really didn't think it could
be done : hiding that blush in the light
of the sun.

No comments: