Tuesday, March 4, 2014

5129 . JUST ALWAYS BECOMING

JUST ALWAYS BECOMING
(maintaining Mankind's green measure)
'How would you define nothing? A state of
infinite, unbounded homogeneity and all and
everywhere the same? A thing is defined by
its boundaries, by what differentiates it from
something else  -  so when you 'draw' something
it's enough to draw its outline. The 'edges' define 
the thing. The Universe? The questions of how
something could emerge from nothing are recast,
instead, as a search for boundaries. Find me the
existence of an observer-independent reality.
Show me that exists.
-
If observers create reality, where then do
observers come from? The universe is a 
self-excited circuit  -  and the boundary of
a boundary is a zero. For something to be
real it must be invariant. Yet all things are
such  -  observer-dependent. Therefore
not real : gravity; electro-magnetism; angular 
momentum. Even, alas, reality.
-
Itself. Physics then is not the machinery behind
the workings of the world; it is the machinery
behind the illusion that there is a world. I have
no cache in which to hide these things, to store
the essence, nor in which to relinquish this life.
The storing matters more than the moving.
-
What moves me is all movement  -  the small
movement and the large : the turmoil and the calm;
that peace and that force of all this non-existence.
Ah! Our newest Descartes : 'I am not, therefore
I am. And all things, circular, keep moving.'
-
I am picking up an old magazine as I read and write
words; an illumination of something else, the 
thought-posse reasoning of a scientist's daughter.
And, here, what comes forth, what runs high and low,
are crazy thoughts of the sort that lightning brings,
or fire-water, or a blazing flame in the mind of a man.
I stand accused of all things, and I stand, as well, acquitted.'

No comments: