Friday, March 14, 2014

5171. WATCH MY PARTY HANDSHAKE

WATCH MY PARTY 
HANDSHAKE
Everyone at this boarding house you said came from
other places  -  roomers from like Indiana and Peru.
I believed you, so let's make it work. I want all of
this to turn out as I'd expected. The very idea of
crashing parties is weird to me, but I do remember
that girl (with the weird red jumpsuit) who said it
would be alright if we showed up. I liked that
idea instantly. Like  some sugar-frosted drink
already bubbling up over the top, these frothy
babes milling around can quite possibly make 
my night. I remember, a long time ago, I had 
some gay friend, Paul, who used to say things
like 'a perfect ending to a perfect day.' 
What a schlubb he was.
-
This place has a computer room, but the guy in
gray there was saying everything is very slow.
I don't know what he means or what he'd be
looking for, but it wouldn't much matter to me.
I just need somewhere to go, you know, if I
start getting words. Such stuff happens, at the
very worse times. I'll get us a drink; you go crawl
the latticework and then tell me what you see,
Is it her, or is it she?
-
New Directions Publishers. I always thought that 
was a good name, I mean for what they did. The way
things are now it seems better that things call themselves, 
at least more truthfully, what they really are  -  'no direction
publishers'. Good name that  -  has a nice ring. By the way,
I'd like to talk to you later, stick aound a while, before we
go maybe we can talk. I like your eyes; you make me 
whistle, I like the way you wear your clothes. 
You get my party tongue a'wagging.

No comments: