Wednesday, October 16, 2013

4684. IF THE FOUL POLE IS REALLY FAIR...

IF THE FOUL POLE IS REALLY
THE FAIR POLE, THEN HOW 
COME THE TRUTH ISN'T 
REALLY A LIE?
Justice demands; I say. Your pajamas are in a
heap and the water in the kettle seems boiling  -
I hear that silly water-whistle, it seems, over and
over. What is it you make with that stuff? Tea,
or some crummy coffee? 'Gads I hope not that.
-
The weather balloon just landed in my living room.
The markings on it proclaimed 'The End Is Near',
so I began looking around  -  seriously, hard, and
in earnest. All the best things in life are gone.
-
The plural of 'goose' is 'geese'  -  even I know that
much; but what the heck is the plural of 'plural'?
More than that, I'll never know. Seems there's just
too much of everything and it's all out of control.
-
If the Truth isn't really a lie, than what's all that
blather about the foul pole?

No comments: