Monday, October 14, 2013

4679. INEQUITUDE LIKE TUESDAY

INEQUITUDE LIKE TUESDAY
(true story today)
That car keeps following me around.
That driver, I know, is a sinner. I can
tell he steals diamonds from mines.
-
All these birds are kept in glass cages;
a hotel lobby no bigger than Hell.
The guy comes over and starts talking.
-
About 'retirement', he says. I'm suspicious.
I neither know the guy nor like what I see.
He says he's 31, already double-dipping, in
the military, a Black-Hawk helicopter mechanic,
and wants to keep doing that until 60. Full pay
from the military, as a soldier, and another
pay as a combat-level mechanic.
-
The 'pension' he says goes like this : he can stay
working at Wrightstown, for twenty years, and 50
per cent vested pension, and then do the same as
 a mechanic and get 50 there. He says 'people
misunderstand '20 and out'. After twenty, it's only
50% -   you have to work 40 years to get 100%.
I'm not working for 40    instead I can work for
20, double-dip, and get the equivalent of 100%
at two levels of 50%.' Then he asked if I understood.
-
I'm so fucking proud of my God-damned nation.

No comments: