Wednesday, October 9, 2013

4665. A MILLION FEET OF MANNERISMS I HAVE LOST

A MILLION FEET OF
MANNERISMS I
HAVE LOST
(How Morphs the World Away)
 ........
- Behind the Iron Curtain of Mind -
Not being around long, or not so much
these days anyway, I know I have missed
a lot of things  -  yet I enjoy these distraught
vagaries. The guy with the metal hammer,
looking straight at me, he seems to stammer:
'I love Bellow, and oh, that Augie March.'
Time flies like a petal, pedaling now from me.
- -
All the nervous tables I've sat at, and all
those awkward people with their strict tattoos
 that must be seen, amount to nothing more
strange than you. Like turning off 'Guns & Roses'
for 'Jessie's Girl' - which is what the coffee shop
guy just did here. It must have been a million
feet  of goodness that we passed.
- -
How morphs the world away :  all those old,
American blues guys become Led Zepplin, which
then somehow itself becomes Def Leppard. Well
maybe, almost the same - with the double P's
and the 3-letter start.
--
(It must have been a million feet
of goodness from the heart).

No comments: