Tuesday, October 1, 2013

4652. HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT YOU?

HOW CAN I LEARN
MORE ABOUT YOU?
I open the book and this photo falls out  -  nothing I know,
no one I've seen. In your hand, unassumingly, there is held
another photo, an image I can barely see  -  I think it's a
brand new car. The old kind of car, the big square box.
-
If there's a story here, my God I've missed it. What was
your year, and where are you from? How many things here
are characteristic of the rest of you? On your finger seems
a large purple ring  -  what is that, why is it there?
-
All these mystreries abound, swaddling me like an old
delivery blanket  -  the excitement centers on my not
knowing at all. I love the thought of darkness  -  yet I
seek just a little light. Yes, I seek just a little light.

No comments: