Wednesday, October 30, 2013

4713. SOMETHING IN YOUR EYE

SOMETHING IN YOUR EYE
(to be so confused)
Cat got your tongue? Mother tied your laces?
My you're looking young; all those lipstick traces.
-
A fearsome new Mercedes sits running out front : the
engine is already impacted by the scent of its own wealth.
The owners are two miles away; they have a driver for
this little stuff. He will park the car and wait.
-
While I dine on you. While I think of your presence.
While all those Amelekites I still think of are the ones
who must be killed : this little Bible tells me that.
'Remember ye what Amelek did unto thee by the 
way as ye came forth out of Egypt; how he met thee 
by the way and smote the hindmost of thee...thou
shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under
heaven; thou shalt not forget.' What the hell is this?
-
Oh Lord, I shall bow down before nothing.
I shall tie your laces to all your faces, and run
off with the evidence of living. Just that alone 
shall be enough to kill. I am now too old
to be so confused.

No comments: