Monday, October 7, 2013

4658. IRON MAN

IRON MAN
The one in the middle, demanding to pay, he stood up.
I watched the rendering of a scene as an artist would watch,
lines moving, shaded colors, edges. The sounds were from
another world altogether - a few couples, expensively dressed,
out together. The one guy, soaring like an appaloosa on high,
showing his stuff by grabbing the bill. Is that how the wealthy
do it? To prosper so well; how much I enjoy the very idea.
-----
Were I to say 'My Avanti needs a tune-up; my Ferrari sure
can run' something along that line - would it get me to that
club? The way I figure, this fine fellow can pay for my lunch
anytime he wishes. That's not the issue here. I walk on my
sliding rocks, just hoping not to fall : far above my head, the
tall skyscrapers remain - steady and present and sure.

No comments: