Tuesday, October 22, 2013

4697. I LOVE THE BLACK AND WHITE

I LOVE THE BLACK AND WHITE
Those old photos of the charming sea demean nothing,
least of all me, standing here with two hands in one
pocket, idly wasting. Outside the light's bright arc,
some shifty boat rocks back and forth in a gray,
dark overtime of anguish. Bored to death with irony.
Lumbering to the dock to seek support. Tethered by rope.
-
So many things are still tied up : the kids, the wife, the
family and house, the job, and all those matterings of
intended things. While I simply fall down in the midnight
air, this black and white world has taken over all things.
-
I want to ride the wheelcart nearby right into another
land  -  perplexing myself by nothing, no longer at
war with my invasions of doubt and service. If I
were stronger, I'd fight  -  instead, I'll just linger.
Fade to black. Devoid of color and wash, I
must wash the living stains from off my
face, and make refreshed this life I lead.

No comments: