Saturday, June 23, 2018

10,919. I PLANTED MY OASIS

I PLANTED  MY OASIS
Making a left at 46th will take
you straight out to the river :
headed uptown, of course. It's
where the Intrepid is, and its
also wherefrom I got my dog.
Long ago already, poor canine 
girl was locked in the basement,
in the utility room, of a two-bit
apartment house. It was all but
chance, as I passed, and saw the
sign on the window with the photo
of a sad-looking dog. 'Help me,'
it said, 'I'm locked in a basement 
and my owner doesn't care.' It
went on, but I noted the email 
and contacted later. I never met
the 'owner' who'd left it behind,
nor the two Serbian brothers who,
as Superintendent's, were also
involved in the hold of the dog. 
The girlfriend of one of them, 
however, was happy to oblige, 
and gave the dog away. To me. 
It all went smoothly and I really 
love that dog. It's five plus years 
on now, and everything is still
in place. I know it can't last
forever, but I'll take what I get
thru grace. I've planted my oasis.

No comments: