Friday, June 22, 2018

10,916. THAT EGG AT THE JOHNSON OF NOWHERE

THAT EGG AT THE 
JOHNSON OF NOWHERE
It isn't as if the platypus talked; granted
the old record was spinning, Nick Cave,
singing some other version of 'Avalanche.'
This is a kingdom without keys, after
all, and the moat has been paved, and
is now a ring-speedway. 'Does that mean
there is nothing left?' (I had heard the 
other person in the room ask that). 'No,'
he said, 'It only means all the meanings
have changed.' It always seems like we
get nowhere by trying.  
-
Once they enameled the car, the guy in
the paint shop said it would go faster. I
said, 'You're crazy, that's bullshit, don't
lie.' He insisted, saying the cut through 
the air would be different. That was 1971.
He had a TV on the shelf behind his head;
it was playing a re-run of a Dick van Dyke
episode. I said, 'Ha! Here I always thought
a Dick Van Dyke was the name of a beard
for men's pubic hair.' He said, 'Go. Now I
owe you one. Get out.'
-
So I guess you can see how it goes : the
bakers make loaves all night long, but it
never means they're loafing.

No comments: