Thursday, June 14, 2018

10,890. I CAN ONLY SIT HERE THINKING

I CAN ONLY SIT 
HERE THINKING
Nothing comes of trepidation, and
though that nothing is in itself
sometimes seen as a product, it 
too really is from nothing at all.
'Maintain the equilibrium you're
born with,' I've had a good counselor
say  -  so I've studied all the dictates
from Magic to Mars, though I've
never found much to bite into.
-
Anyway. There's a girl at the bagel
shop in Clark, man she has big hands.
When she gets going, it something to
see her sling : bagels look like little
pieces of Crisp-X toast in her hands.
Getting it around a coffee cup, she
can grasp two. I've also seen her read
the daily paper with one quick glace.
-
Once quick glance, in a cafe setting.
Can you imagine? In a slow cafe,
in which no one does anything fast.

No comments: