Sunday, July 26, 2015

6938. I CANNOT HOPE TO TURN AGAIN

I CANNOT HOPE 
TO TURN AGAIN
'...Because I cannot hope to turn again consequently
I rejoice, having to construct something upon which to
rejoice.' Well, Hiram, there's your berry juice and that
was T. S. Eliot squeezing the grapes. These men all share
despair - something like that of Tiresias and the hollow men.
All crazy coots anyway. And more than that I can add :
the churchyard gate was broken open, the collection box
was mine alone  -  the poor can go take care of themselves.
What makes this all interesting is that I start out with the
knowledge that all these others have to first start from
scratch to acquire. So, I'm ahead when I'm behind.
The quest for Salvation, you know it really requires
much more than just transcending the mere denial
of carnal love. I only want to endure, and after
the separation is ended. Key-marks and signal words.
Do not doubt for a minute they're not consciously placed.
What I hate the most is the over-and-over aspect of this
baleful life; repeat behavior, like running a stop sign
over and over until finally something hits you hard;
or jumping in front of a train only when you are
sure of the timing and sure it's arriving. Why 
miss yet another great opportunity. "I hear
that whistle blowing, it's coming down the 
line...' Conclusion: 'the amount of research
required by the context of this poem is not
justified by the amount of reward the
poem has to offer.' Huh?

No comments: