Thursday, July 16, 2015

6900. THINGS THAT GET DONE

THINGS THAT GET DONE
How is the Nelson who stands at the Observatory
any different than me? And what makes him so, then,
if he is? I wonder this question  -  my very last one,
I swear  -  while running off with his telescope keys.
I'll teach that bastard to look at the stars.
-
Never once, even as a kid, have I played dominoes.
I hate those little dotted blocks, and the way they stand
on edge, and the way those people who do that make
hundreds of them fall in a row after being arrayed.
Perfectly. Like monstrous damned good sense.
-
Ah, a logical, sequential mind really sets me off.
I hate the bells and whistles, I hate that reptilian core
that can  rationalize all brain matter into rank and
number and detail and duty. I can't be told to owe 
allegiance to any other things. They can shove it all.
-
My Master is a martial-arts creation, a God who made up
all these things, then pressed a random-hit-sequence, and
simply walked away. 'You're on your own, mother-fuckers,'
was the last thing this God was heard to say.

No comments: