Wednesday, July 15, 2015

6893. TACTICS IN A BAG

TACTICS IN A BAG
Just like a doctor, tactics in a bag and a wage-earner's
goal to go. This isn't tic-tac, this is tactics. So open
up your mouth again and say aaah, or say nothing.
My purple Buick is parked out front of the dispensary,
where the nurses are waiting, tied down with pills.
-
North past the bridge to Haverstraw, I saw the flaming
creature on the run : it was big, and brown, and looked
like a cross between a cross and a deer. Someone in the
diner told me that if I'd really seen it I would know,
it would be like a religious experience. I guess.
-
Right now, I'm genuflecting to flies and fleas alike.
My last address is lost in the book, and my future
is open to any suggestions. I may seem sluggish,
yes, but I am fast and earnest too. I keep
my tactics in a bag.

No comments: