Thursday, March 23, 2023

16,166. HOW MANY THINGS?

HOW MANY THINGS?
The symbol of an orchard is meant for fruitfulness.
Too silly is that for me : plan, and apparent too. No.
Stand aside for that, the end knows no collision with
the beginning. We live, turn Earth, and die, and the
Earth is turned again, or used to be anyway. Now?
It's anyone's guess. My God, My God, why have
you forsaken me? Is that too trite?
-
Here it is, two weeks before another Easter without
resolution. Whatever dies, face it, will never rise.
-
I'm of the sort to whom sackcloth and ashes have no
appeal. I'll sit in a barren cave, dead, till I rot. Those
parameters which made up my life are disappointing
anyway, but even right now they can't be read. My
bones will be part of History's plight. Far enough away,
even they will be gone to sight. How many things does
one truly need to see? There's more grave than gravy
about me.

No comments: