Monday, March 6, 2023

16,125. ARRIVING AT FRONT

ARRIVING AT FRONT
Maybe I came in smiling and left
with a frown; or maybe that slap
got me wailing and I entered this
damning world with a scream. Either
way it seems to have been, I don't wish
to enter again. Leave my exit luggage
right where it is; I've got nowhere to
bring it.
-
I like to put on fake accents when I
talk to strangers: They know nothing
of me, nor my dangers. I've done it a
lot lately, with all these doctors and
nurses, but now I forget how I really
do talk.
-
Tongue-tied translucence is the name
of the game  -  no one knows me, and
it's all the same. Swinging down the 
mountain barriers, like some swaggering
skier on a straight, narrow, path? No, I
don't think that was ever me. Gladly,
I beg off on that. Y'all unnerstan' me?
Yo!

No comments: