Tuesday, March 14, 2023

16,140. I'VE NEVER WON A THING

I'VE NEVER WON A THING
Not even a race for staying in place.
That's fairly straightforward an admittance.
The only thing that happens now is rearguard.
All those 'memoried' moments coming back
around me, from behind. I can remember all
the sleet and the snow and the mud.
-
I once held court in Beatlemania, and Rolling
Stone frenzy. All that radio crap that used to
get played on hand-held sets that idiots walked
with. Even Joyce Brothers with her personal
advice radio show. What a 1960's drip. I recall
one guy coming up to me, yes, he held a transistor
radio too, and he said, 'Radio would be pretty
cool if they got rid of the news, the time, and
the ads.'
-
I never even understood 'transistor' as a word.
I had heard about 'resistors', and so I assumed
these took them one better. Maybe a 'resistor'
had no news, no time, and no ads?

No comments: