Saturday, March 4, 2023

16,122. IS HARMON KILLEBREW IN THE LINE-UP TODAY?

IS HARMON KILLEBREW 
IN THE LINE-UP TODAY?
You know him? Minnesota Twins. We were having a
beer yesterday, at Yanni's, a bar over by the stadium.
He's a pretty big guy, but he introduced himself
after I nodded. He talks baseball pretty good  -  I
guess he should  -  but I disagreed with him on
sacrifice bunts. I think they're important, but he
didn't agree; in fact, hated them; said they always
'interrupted the flow' of the game, and most often
went foul anyway. Guys always go for the line
with a bunt, left or right, and get it wrong. No
one bunts up the middle, because that's where
the gloves and players are. That's what he said
anyway, and I began talking about finesse and
the strategy of a Manager's game. He didn't
like that. It was funny  -  he was a big-time
power hitter, so why would he like bunting?
In addition, he played both first base and third 
base during his career, so I guess he'd know.

No comments: