Wednesday, March 1, 2023

16,112. GREEN WITH FRENZY

GREEN WITH FRENZY 
Don't put your hand on the chopping
block, jeez, let alone your head! In
1968, remember, when you were working
with the East Germans  -  remember that?
They're still looking for people like you,
so be careful. Stasi never die, they just
move to a different place. I'd bet your
kids don't even know what a Stasi was.
-
I got off the bus at the next stop. It was
near to Columbus Circle, so I went to
the Apple Store to buy some new 
speakers; tiny little things that could 
be easily concealed. I had to be ready 
for anything. Then I walked along
Central Park South to get to the shops
at Time Warner. There's a bookstore 
upstairs, at the rear, and that's where
the stuff was hidden. In the Travel
Section, between New Orleans and
Natchez. If they have any books on
Natchez? If they don't I'll just have to
dig. Noting else I can do. They said
it would be there somewhere.
-
Now I have to take a leak. I hate these
big-deal bookstores; there's always
someone dicing you  -  following you
around like a criminal. You, not them.
And if you meet them, they get all
innocuous, and won't hardly talk to
you. Who's got something to hide, 
him, or me? Dumb question.
-
I think he's gone away now, and I've
found what I was seeking anyhow. It's
bigger than I figured for, but I can keep
it easily concealed. I can say it's part of
the speaker package. They won't look.
-
Oh, shit! There's Heimler! What's he
doing here? He coming my way! And
he's got a gun! What the fuck is now
going on? [Bam! Bam!]. He's got me!
Oh! Oh! Ooohh...thud.

No comments: