Friday, October 26, 2018

11,265. MAJOR SABER AND HIS ARMY OF WAR

MAJOR SABER AND 
HIS ARMY OF WAR
'You have three hours left and I
need you to talk fast. My sorry
friend, your execution is imminent.
Now, will you talk? Kenlon, now
prick him with your knife.'
-
'Oh God yes, now. I ask forgiveness
yet you must please save my life.
I did it this way, with two others,
now dead. We entered the Captain's
chambers last Tuesday and coated
his bed-rails with poison. As he moved
about we knew he'd touch the wood.
Progressively, it would enter his system
and in a day or so bring him down. We
did not realize we were being watched.'
-
Kenlon answered, 'Yes, of course, you
fool. What else did you think. We too
wanted him out of the way, and you'd be
doing us a favor, and for free. We watched
but let you go. You sorry fool; why stop
three idiots on their way to Hell.'
-
'Ow! You've got me, bleeding. My idea
was to live. Have you forgotten? Why?
I can give you 200,000 US dollars; 
pig-money, I am sure, but that's what's 
left. The other two are dead, so I have 
three times what I expected, and, or 
once had, the new army behind me. 
AWW! So I thought. AAAH! You
are hurting me!'
-
Brislays turns to Kenlon, 'Do it again
and do it harder. He's still going to die...
You insufferable fool, you thought you'd
get away with what amounts to rank
betrayal. Even tyrants limit mistakes to
one, don't you see! Kenlon! Take him
down but have him know first we have
already the money and the location he'd
given was wrong! Take two fingers off,
one a thumb for sure! And the next
person I see in such a fix as this,
tell them not to waste a hat for 
their head is coming off.'
-
AAAWW! Mercy, please sir! I pledge
a new allegiance, AAOW!! I am beaten
here, now I am useless! What has come
of me, this work, these plans, for absolutely
nothing now but a rabid, scaly death? I
am bested, a waste of man, a tepid, torpid
fool awaiting now an execution? No! No!
Spare me even that. Kill me now, for I
already bleed too much.'
-
'Take him outside, dust him up,
and then shoot him in the head.'
AAAAAWWW!  NOOO!!


No comments: