Friday, October 12, 2018

11,228. WELL, WELL, WELL

WELL, WELL, WELL,
(the daughter of edmund fitzgerald, after the war)
They all meant something,
those letters and ration cards
and tickets and stickers. Yes
indeedy and well, well, well.
Here came the man with the
constabulatory notes, and
there went the girl with the
flowers. I feel just like Irish
lace.  Let me sit but a few
hours and trace the lineage
of all these brackish thoughts.
-
Well, well, well, I grow tired and
weary too : of unsavory men
who do nothing themselves
but fire back at all I do; of
cartwheels at high mass by
women content  -  showing me
nothing but knickers, is that
how it went? I've misplaced
my new looking glass.
-
And another tall drink for you:
Well, well, well. Whatever you
do turn off the gas and make sure
the lights are out. You shouldn't
be leaving for Minnesota like
this. Mesbai Range barnacles
off Lake Michigan's rib? Is
that what you said? Are you
in that club. Well, well, well,
yet again. (Now to bed).


No comments: