Friday, August 25, 2017

9872. METAL AWNINGS TOUCHING THE GROUND

METAL AWNINGS 
TOUCHING THE GROUND
Well I can say this about living, it sure takes the
shine off death. There are fourteen different
combinations of bad luck and crappy omens
to sort through. And they each seem to keep
me quite busy. So, perhaps I'll be wrapping
things up someday soon.
-
One day, a guy tells me I've been robbed.
News to me. And then the next day he brings
it all back. Another day, a 40-year old tye
says, in a parking lot, he needs 25 bucks
to get to his needed medical treatment in
Morristown. I admit, he looked pretty beat,
even sick. I said, 'Screw that but jump in,
I'll drive you.' He quickly declined.
-
I don't know what to make of any of this.
I'm not a transient, so to me everything is
serious permanence. I'm not Jewish, so I
can't just blame God. But I'm not Buddhist
either, so I can't go denying that this is really
the case. If I knew what to do, I'd do it.
In an anteroom, over there, with plenty 
of soundproof and padding. Maybe you'd 
never know a thing.

No comments: