Monday, August 21, 2017

9858. KEEPING IT SOLITARY

KEEPING IT SOLITARY
In bounds, they are keeping things steady
while the seal balances the ball. As malachite
turns to copper, I find myself still in love with
Yorick's skull. And oh hell I knew him well.
-
There's a blue door at the siding, like a barn's
door with those sliding rollers that push the 
door along so it doesn't open out. The builder
guy told me they use them when there isn't
room enough to open things outward. I told
him, 'You mean like a secret?' He laughed.
-
Here in the city, they have to do things
differently, he also said. 'A lot of these places,
no matter what they are, they don't want things 
done cheaply  -  faucet handles and doorknobs 
and hinges and all. I said, Why's that?' He
replied it was because 'a lot of these large
spaces, with the economy being what it is,
they keep sections clear to rent out as clubs
at night  -  you'd be surprised the big time
crowds.' I said, 'No I wouldn't, I've seen what 
you mean, Thursdays, Fridays, and weekends.
they start lining up sometimes by 4; but I
never thought of it in that way. Double duty,
so to speak.'  He said, 'Yeah, that too. And
I've seen triple duty as well; you'd never
guess who ends up doing what sometimes.'
-
I said, 'Yeah, you can't judge a crowd by 
its mother.' He laughed again.

No comments: