Sunday, August 13, 2017

9833. HOW CAN YOU BEAT THIS HORSE?

HOW CAN YOU BEAT 
THIS HORSE?
Should we be beating this horse? Should we
be feeding it oats instead? Does that bring
anything to a change at all? Should we be
standing here together deducting the cost
of trinkets? Has the man with the rolling 
wagon left yet? Kids still are looking 
around. In small towns like this they
seem to look to find meaning in
every little thing.
-
Over there, I still remember, it was The
Rialto. In 1961. A tiled movie theater,
a bit like a palace in fact, in a hardware
dump town like this. I think, as well, I
saw 'Anatomy of a Murder' there. My
own mother never found out  -  it was
an adult film in those days; not sex, I
mean just an adult theme : murder. My
Grandmother took me to see it; she
didn't care, even if I was just only 10.

No comments: