Friday, August 11, 2017

9828.THE MOST OBVIOUS STUFF IN THE WORLD

THE MOST OBVIOUS 
STUFF IN THE WORLD
Yes. That's the phrase they used to use over at the
old oatmeal factory over there in a neighboring
town. Some kind of vats and some kind of
cooking smells. I'don't know how it all worked
but they're all gone now and it's but a hole in
the ground awaiting something. I knew a guy
here, his father worked in the plant. Covered
in flour and sweet with the odor, he'd come
home in the evenings about 6:10. Some kind
of little Oldsmobile 'F-85' it was called. Yeah,
whoever came up with that one was on some
Detroit drugs for sure. My friend's father's
name went as Whitey. That seemed funny to 
me; him being always covered in flour and
all. I always figured, when I grew up, to
just call him Wheatey. But then he died.
Man, how that always happened.

No comments: