Thursday, August 13, 2015

7019. I WILL ALWAYS BE THE ONE

I WILL ALWAYS BE THE ONE
Until I am wheelchair bound, I guess, I will
always be the one to come and go at my own choosing,
to wander those 'chartered' streets at will, spin a coin
of my own fine minting, watch the cloudings seeding.
Never much a one for chains and locks, I wouldn't much
care who else comes and goes, just to be sure there's room,
lots of places for those elbows  -  stretch and hit and roam.
I can be lost in my finding, I can be straight in my curves;
here today, then gone tomorrow, as those sayings go.
Otherwise, you see, I'm fairly useless and hate the maw
of mankind's ways : employment sucks, and paychecks
have that scratch and sniff aroma I can't stand. People
who value money throwing it off to those who value 
it more? Trade time for money, what a joke, over 
all this land. I will always be the one with an 
aptitude for getting lost, for setting out, and  - 
 just as much, perhaps  -  not returning back.

No comments: