Monday, August 17, 2015

7037. THE ENTRY-POINT IS EXIT TOO

THE ENTRY-POINT 
IS EXIT TOO
I got up with eyes to boot but crashed into the hallway.
Just like a simple man alone, singing a simple tune at
home. I began thinking again of being very drunk at
Chumley's, when Bobbie would bail me out with
buckets of endless Pale Ale. He'd say that once I
was in there was no better way getting out than by
getting deeper in. India Pale Ale again.
-
Those people from Larchmont  -  snakes and drones
each  -  are huddled around that silly wall jukebox again.
Every tune they pick is gross ; the dairy wall along the
back, as well, is filled with courtly daters drinking and
eating their date. Well I'd guess you know what I mean.
-
I can't talk, even as I think back on this old episode. Did
you not know, Bobbie Beddia is dead? Poor fellow; died
in the Deutsche Bank fire much later, after surviving, right
next door, that entire Twin Towers debacle. What a shame.
Like firemen sometimes say  -  and it all goes to show (and
Bobbie was the best of them), often in order to get out
you just have to go deeper into the flames.

No comments: