Sunday, August 9, 2015

6996. LET'S BE ALIVE UNTIL NO LONGER

LET'S BE ALIVE
UNTIL NO LONGER
How a goat will chew anything, and a cow will
chew cud, and a pig will run rampant through
mud  -  so too do I hate mornings, and afternoons,
and evenings too. The glum charade of party-poopers
and the ribald floats of goons. Attack me now then, if
you must, for I smell already the bananas which have
ripened on the table in  the sun. I've found another
pen I thought was lost. I have my notebook, and 
I'm on the run. Let me capture what I may in words.
-
Look at this! Look! They've parked their jagged cars
upon the grass and meadows. They've set up once again
their rugged bandstands for the party, which will tramp 
the Summer grasses and twist and bend the young trees.
Saplings, like the students soon to enter here again, are
once-over bent, and twisted, torn, and stripped. A week
later, the bestial ground-crews with all their noise and
danger, will try to set it straight. Oh how I hate this
organized muck as well.
-
Let's taste the beers. Let's get as drunk as flirty coeds.
Lets douse this awful world in chimes and colors like
a grand cathedral with its flowers. Let's cover every
doubt with a new and different sort of bald deceit.
Let's be alive until we can no longer be.

No comments: