Tuesday, August 18, 2015

7049. THE WHOLE WORLD STARTS AT 7:30

THE WHOLE WORLD 
STARTS AT 7:30
Today I awoke, in Germantown, at some
stinky hotel  -  their flimsy version of a
'Continental' breakfast made me dizzy. 
Badly-made coffee, and a creepy roll.
Buttered, but only if you wanted it so 
and asked. It must have been the 'lost'
continent, of Atlantis, that one.
-
The guy behind the masked counter said,
'why's your hair so long and why don't you
ever shave?'. Like it was sinful to be me, or
something accusatory. I smiled, calmly stating,
'my elegance, sir is religious, and stems from
my own private beliefs. I do not bother you, and
I ask the same from you. Thanks.' He was really
bothered by that. I told him there was a fine woman
up in my room. 'You done with her then already?' 
he asked. I smiled, and said, 'yes, sir, thanks. We
just talked for a awhile.' He laughed.
-
I turned to walk away, and thought better of it. Turning
back to him, wanting to tweak him, I said, 'And, kind sir,
I know what you are thinking, but I am quite fast. Take 
that Bible, Gideon's, on your counter. Look at the next 
to the last line in Revelation. That is about me.'
-
 I walked away, and as I did so, I heard him, after
opening the Bible, let out a huge laugh. 'Surely!',
he exclaimed, 'it says 'Surely, I come quickly!'

No comments: