Friday, August 14, 2015

7024. A LIGHTNESS LIKE LOVE

A LIGHTNESS LIKE LOVE
Man, I'm in hock for my soul to the devil;
well, it sometimes seems, anyway. We've lost
our junked Rolls Royce; at the corner it's gone,
no longer there, vanished without a chauffeur driving.
And, yes, I've thought about all this a very long time :
this modern age putrefies. I was far better off before
computers and laptops punched me in the face like this;
all that waiting for things, photos and films and sound.
The letter before the letter after; have I read this or should
I just keep it hidden? And I don't even know your name.
-
What really keeps my going is the strength of adhesion
that I have for this world I've entered. A long time ago I
was the path-man for the master at the portal, and, yes,
He (or whatever it was) let me through, smiling.

No comments: