Sunday, August 30, 2015

7098. I BEG YOU FOR KINDNESS

I BEG YOU FOR KINDNESS
Does anyone else know what this is like? Can
anyone understand how serious I am? It's already
dark night; I am moving along, withered.
Up ahead, just to the right, on this darkened
junkyard road, I see two seething guys  -  they
both looked really mean and angry  -  peering
at me, as if to see what take there'd be. Both of
them, in tandem, black-angered types, a racial
mix I can only see as polarizing already. I have
nothing but the knife on my belt, and I'm thinking
of myself, here, with a bullet in the neck, from 
twenty feet off, or just a shot in the head. What
would I do and what would become of my dog.
They'd have to shoot her too, I sense.
Good something, I need protection.
Two angry men on a lonely, dark,
abandoned junkyard road.

No comments: