Friday, August 21, 2015

7061. THE FILMMAKERS ARE RANK

THE FILMMAKERS ARE RANK
What started as a joke is now a rooftop industry;
Woody Allen running without pants, Spike Lee
leaping for joy.  Oh what bug-eared antics we
start watching when we let it go : I want to see a
car-crash; I want Superman spiked on that fence.
All I can think of is the Worthington Pump factory
disaster, like the Triangle Shirtwaist  -  things I see
in old documentaries, when people made sense and 
had time. The General Slocum, that horrid, burning
ship in the harbor outside; all those Germans burning
to death, always burning and fire and mayhem. Oh,
what the heck. What is it they say, life itself is only
a momentary movie wherein we have walk-on roles?
I'd like to agree with that, yeah  -  yet why is it that all
we ever get to see are our own lonely parts of the film.

No comments: