Saturday, February 26, 2011

2062. AFTER BEING TURNED OUT AT WICK HOUSE

AFTER BEING TURNED
OUT AT WICK HOUSE
The gears that run the gearwheel turning are
seen to be always in motion. A grease, like a
spittle, is shagged about - leaking down,
running over, loosening its viscous hold.
All things run loosely, slobbering with
stealth before breaking down.
-
The grand foyer held a portrait of Lafayette.
Why him? I'll never really know that. I
think it's more as decor than anything else.
No chamberpot in the erstwhile bath
ever held his water or waste. The
chubby girl with whom I talked
pronounced his name, oddly,
'Lafiatte'. Who really knows?
-
He's never been heard on recording,
never spoken on a phone, never watched
movies in mourning, 'Gone With the Wind'
'Revolutionary Road'. This whole modern
jangle of nervous things would have
broken him down anyway.
-
I asked a few questions, and they
turned me out as 'profane and
rude.' It was quite alright with
me, I was late anyway. Checking
my George Washington-faced watch,
I saw it was 4pm and they wanted
to leave for the day.

No comments: